is she well-spoken? yup. can she deliver a zinger? sure can. is she really tina fey? nope (she's tracy flick.) do i know anything more about her today compared to yesterday? nope.
can you win a presidential race by being snide, cynical and sarcastic? why not – the republicans have done it before.
here's what i think: i think sarah palin has the republican base fired up, and rightly so.
- she's as pro-life as you can get (not even in cases of incest or rape)
- she is a global-warming doubter,
- she wants creationism taught in public schools,
- she does not support same-sex marriage,
- she is under investigation for abuse of power,
- she supported the bridge to nowhere and kept the money,
- she wanted to ban books at the public library,
- she's "pro-gun",
- she delivers a heckuva bitter speech (for all her talk about bitter)
and seriously. what was that about?
tons of rhetoric, lots of slapdowns, but unbelievably short on substance. "i was a small town mayor earning $65,000 a year while you were a...pffft! community organizer!!?? (earning $13,000 a year a driving a beat up blue honda civic.) loser!!"
here's what else i think: democrats (and independents) are pretty damn smart. and the more you slap down our guy, the more you try to belittle him, or bully him, the more cynical and snide you become, the more hopeful and proud we will be. and the more pissed off we will get. and what happens when we get pissed off?